Thursday, December 4, 2014

Thirsty Thursday

I don't normally post on Thursdays, but through the holidays, I thought I'd give my readers a treat. I'm a cocktail kind of girl.

Actually, if you asked me what I like to drink best, I'll tell you Raspberry Ale. I purchase mine at Whole Foods. It's imported from Belgium and is a mix of Barley, Hops, and Raspberries. Delicious.

I'm also hooked on Scotch. And I drink the expensive stuff. Thank goodness I'm not buying it, or I'd be broke. My son is a Scotch man, and his budget allows him to purchase the good stuff.

But, for the holidays, I like cocktails. Some might think of this as a summer drink, and I had a version of this at Outback one summer, but we like it all year round.

Cruzan Black Cherry Rum
Peachtree Schnapps
Lime Juice
Sierra Mist

Add an ounce of the first three ingredients over ice in a shaker. Shake until chilled. Add crushed ice to a highball glass. Pour 8 oz. of Sierra Mist in the glass. Pour the alcohol over the soda and mix. If you want to make this look pretty then add a twist of lime and a Maraschino cherry.

I suggest you serve it with him, or have him serve it to you. Either way, enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment