Thursday, December 11, 2014

Thirsty Thursday

I hope you're thirsty! Holidays are stressful enough, and though I advocate responsible drinking, if I'm staying in, no driving at all; actually no plans of using heavy machinery, i.e. the stand mixer, and possibly having to wrap 2000 lights on a Christmas tree, then I suggest leaving off the good stuff.

However, if you want something that packs a punch, but is smooth going down, and tastes great to boot, then try Angel's Envy Bourbon.

I love cocktails. And while wine cocktails or mulled wine is good for this time of year, it's not on the top of my list. In fact, I'm always going to reach for a Scotch, Whiskey, or Bourbon before grabbing a bottle of wine.

Angel's Envy was brought to my attention by my son. He purchase a reserve bottle from a local auction, benefiting a charity, and gave me a drink. Now, I have my favorites where Scotch and Whiskey are concerned, but never took to Bourbon.

Bourbon whiskey's main ingredient is corn, whereas, whiskey is made of various grains, with corn being just a part not the major grain. Some bourbons have too sweet of an aftertaste for me. So, I usually don't drink bourbon.

But, Angel's Envy is even different. It's a Rye bourbon. And the particular batch he purchased had a higher alcohol content. Anyway, on with my story and recipe. Now, I have a new bourbon whiskey I'll be purchasing.

Make no mistake. If you want to try Angel's Envy, it's going to cost. The price of the reserve is quite high. But the average 750 ml bottle is around $40.00 - $60.00.

It's well worth the cost, and I suggest serving this to your special friends.

Here's the recipe. Enjoy! And safe imbibing.


Cherry Cherub

Myria Free of Trifecta, Austin TX

Ingredients

2 oz Angel’s Envy
¼ oz Barenjager
2 Black Cherries
Ginger Ale

Instructions

In a 9 ounce glass, muddle the Cherries. Add the Barenjager, Angel’s Envy and STIR (do not shake). I am assuming, because the recipe doesn't say, to fill the rest of the glass with ginger ale and a few ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment