Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Temptation Tuesday - Desire

Today, I couldn't resist discussing temptation. I'm talking about seeing something that you really desire. And what I'm looking at right now is something I truly desire.

Hah! You thought, I'd snuck a picture of a hard bodied male walking along the beach. Oh, I've seen a few. With a marine base close by, I've had my share of man candy.  But alas, they've been taken.

So, you get the view of the water, like me.

Desire comes in all forms. If it was up to me, I would wake up to this view every day. It is my inspiration. I'm certain I could type about 7000 words a day, just looking at this.

But, I digress. Desire. It's what drives our characters. It's what pulls the reader in. It's what sells romance novels.

Without the larger than life hero, or antihero, as in my series, or the women we love to hate being the driving force of their desire, we writers wouldn't sell a book.

And, readers want to see those men without shirts on the cover. It drives up our libidos, teasing us for what's behind the curtain, so to speak.

Today, I'm going to leave you with an excerpt of my upcoming novel, (to be released soon) and something for you to feed your desires.

Enjoy.

Electricity flowed between them so, he was certain he was holding a live wire. His hands had a mind of their own. He watched dumbfounded as he captured her chin, running his thumb along the soft skin of her jaw. Tilting her head up, her lips plump from his earlier kisses, the color of raspberries, loomed closer as his mouth descended on hers.
His hands sought her breasts. He almost sighed in relief as he brushed his knuckles over her beaded nipples. With her gasp, he swept his tongue inside her mouth, tasting, exploring her depths until she moaned, kissing him back with the same fervor.
Somewhere in Dagan’s fevered brain, he knew he shouldn’t be kissing her let alone touching her. But after months of being near her, not being able to touch her. His control snapped once he had her in his arms.

Dagan, wasn’t satisfied with just one kiss. He fisted his hands in her riotous curls, exposing her neck. He raked his teeth down the column of her neck. His other hand slid up her back, under the little sheer number, pressing between her shoulders to bring her closer. 




No comments:

Post a Comment