Sunday, October 5, 2014

Weekend Writing Warriors #8 Snippet Sunday

I am writing this while sitting on soft white sand. No, We didn't build a sandbox. I'm at the beach. I've waited all year for this vacation, but I still wanted to participate in this weekend writing session.

(I really wanted to tell everyone I was at the beach).

Anyhoo, let's get to the good stuff.

Weekend Writing Warriors is a great way to find new authors, get snippets of your favorite authors' works, and get sneak peaks of upcoming books. Visit the link, and thanks for your support.

Since I'm at the beach, I thought I'd give you a snippet from book 2 of  the Diamond Series. Here's the set up. 

Dagan, aka Hunter is angry over falling for a criminal. Mind you, he met her and fell for her before he found out her past. He keeps telling him, he's stayed because she stole his property. But, in this scene, he can no longer deny what he feels. 

Dagan lost control. Revenge,  the drawing of him lying on the coffee table all forgotten as if they were nothing. She had called to him all day in her skimpy attire. She’d frolicked in the ocean with him, laughing and cutting up. She had talked of lingerie over dinner.
He’d been too soft. Let his feelings get in the way. His lips seized hers, cutting off her reply. Hard and frenzied, he thrust his tongue against her lips, licking, then nipping with his teeth until she squirmed, parting them on a gasp. 


If you don't remember, book 1 of Diamond Series is titled Diamonds Aren't Forever. Book one is a menage, Peyton, Sebastian and Thierry's story. All three criminals, one, Peyton, who has put that life behind her, and brothers Bastian and Tee wanting to leave their family's gambling business. Circumstances bring them together and the sparks fly. 
Book 2 (coming soon) is Shelbie and Dagan's story. Shelbie knows him by his middle name Hunter, so both names are bandied about in the early chapters. Their story begins after Peyton's wedding where Shelbie has a vision that sends her running. Diamond's girls all believe Peyton's problem was solved, but Dagan doesn't trust Malloy, and who would trust a criminal?  He's shocked to find, when he crashes Peyton's wedding, the woman he's been seeing for months...  

**** Review of Diamonds Aren't ForeverI received a teaser chapter of this book in my swag bag at IRC 2014 and knew I had to read this book so I bought it. I started it last night and couldn't put it down till I was finished. It's fast paced, hot, sexy and funny read. I really enjoyed and will be on the outlook for book 2 of this series.





No comments:

Post a Comment